Last modified on March 12th, 2022 at 10:22 am
Yas Island in Abu Dhabi lies approximately 45 minutes away from the city proper. It is one of the greatest wonders of the world and leisure destinations for all age groups. It boasts an excellent combination of desert and sea surroundings.
Though there are plenty of things to do on this island, including enjoying yourselves at Yas Beach and experiencing the thrilling rides in the theme parks, here are the six outdoor attractions truly worth visiting.
1. Yas Waterworld Abu Dhabi
Yas Waterworld Abu Dhabi is a water park that is based on the UAE theme “Legend of the Lost Pearl,” featuring over 40 rides, slides, and attractions with a wide range of dining options.
Some of the best attractions here are:
- Jebel Drop – This features a heart-stopping drop with scenic views of the water park. This extreme ride has a minimum height requirement of 1.2 metres.
- Tot’s Playground – This playground is the ideal bonding place for parents and infants as it features a kiddy pool.
- Slithery Slides – This features slides that appear like the open maws of snakes. It has a minimum height requirement of 110 metres.
- Falcon Falaj – This is the longest water coaster in the Middle East.
2. Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi
Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi is a theme park with six themed experiences featuring rides directly to the specific world from the television brand. It is a go-to destination if you are a huge fan of popular cartoons and TV shows.
Here, you’ll get to see famous characters like Batman, Wile E. Coyote, and Tweety Bird. You may even take a picture with any of these characters for a truly memorable experience.
Some of the notable rides here are:
- Batman, Knight Flight – Keep the residents safe alongside the caped crusader using the high-octane ride throughout Gotham City.
- The Flintstones Bedrock River Adventure – Take a boat ride in the Bedrock River while enjoying some prehistoric sounds and sights.
3. Yas Marina Circuit
Yas Marina Circuit is known for featuring the world’s longest F1 racetrack. You can even enrol in racing courses to learn how to drive any race car, including the Formula 3000. If not, you can let a professional driver take you for a heart-stopping spin around the track.
4. Ferrari World Abu Dhabi
The Ferrari World Abu Dhabi is another Yas Island attraction you should not miss if you are into cars and motor sports. You can get a close encounter with some of the brand’s iconic vehicles.
Moreover, it offers more than 37 exciting rides and attractions that are suitable for all ages. These include:
- Junior Grand Prix – This ride is meant for younger visitors who want to get behind the wheel.
- Formula Rossa – Widely known as the fastest roller coaster in the world, this ride accelerates from 0 to 240km/h in just four seconds.
- RC Challenge – Experience Italy in a smaller version as you navigate around it using remote-controlled boats or cars.
5. Yas Beach
Yas Beach offers a stretch of beach with white sands, a mangrove, and crystal clear waters. It caters to kids, families, and water sports enthusiasts. Some activities you must experience here include snorkelling, sailing, and kayaking along the mangroves.
But if you prefer to stay dry, check out the outdoor gym and volleyball court. You may even choose to stay overnight in a private chalet by the waterside.
6. Yas Links
Besides the beach, Yas Links Golf Club also offers a relaxing way to spend your vacation on Yas Island. It offers golfers the opportunity to play the sport while enjoying the Arabian Gulf coastline’s picturesque views.
You may even improve your golfing skills by taking some lessons from professional trainers using state-of-the-art technologies.
Whether you are looking for adrenaline-pumping or relaxing activities to do in Abu Dhabi, Yas Island is the place to go.
Be sure, though, to search for Abu Dhabi theme park offers, Yas Island tour packages, and relevant travel advisories before booking your flight and packing your rolling garment bags to get the most out of your vacation. Have fun!