Last modified on November 18th, 2020 at 11:36 am
Buckwheat—a popular gluten-free and healthier alternative to your regular white flour, is not a member of the whole grain family, neither does it contains any wheat.
Buckwheat flour offers a plethora of health benefits, which has led to a surge in its demand. It is a rich source of fiber, carbohydrates, and protein, while it contains an immensely less amount of fat. Moreover, it is high in other essential minerals such as iron, magnesium, zinc, and all the amino acids. Therefore, buckwheat makes a crucial nutritional addition to your regular diet.
So, let’s see at what buckwheat offers for maintaining our good health.
- Organic buckwheat is extremely rich in soluble dietary fiber that does not easily breaks down during digestion
- So, having foods containing buckwheat aids your intestines in efficient and fast digestion.
- Buckwheat also helps food to move smoothly through your digestive tract.
- Further, the fiber and niacin present in buckwheat also helps in enhancing cardiovascular health.
Enhances Cardiovascular Health
- The gluten-free product being rich in magnesium can improve the blood flow in your body by relaxing the blood vessels.
- It further enables smooth transportation of nutrients in the body by lowering your blood pressure, thus, ensuring a healthy cardiovascular system.
- Studies have also shown that regularly consuming enough buckwheat helps lower bad cholesterol, thus, reducing the risk of cardiovascular diseases and having high lipid activity.
- Also, certain compounds present in buckwheat help prevent platelets from clotting excessively, thus, preventing blood clots and reducing the risk of heart diseases.
Helps In Weight Management
- Gluten-free buckwheat is the healthiest alternative to white flour, as it accelerates the process of weight loss for people trying to do so.
- Due to high fiber content, a buckwheat meal makes you feel full quickly and longer. This enables people to stay without eating for long, thus, reducing people’s total calorie intake in a day and controlling their weight.
- Moreover, since the buckwheat is high in protein, it further assists people in weight management who are desperately trying to lose weight. This is so because protein-rich foods also make you feel full and ensure low-calorie intake in a day.
- Complex carbohydrates can slow down the digestion process by keeping your blood sugar levels stable for a longer period. Thus, being a rich source of complex carbohydrates, buckwheat helps people manage their blood glucose levels, thus controlling their diabetes and other related health issues.
Thus, having nutritious buckwheat daily can help your meal transition into a nutritious one that can help you manage your weight and improve your digestive and cardiovascular systems.
The nutty flavour of buckwheat flour makes it a perfect base in baking products, including muffins, pancakes, quick bread, banana bread, and other items.
However, it is recommended to always check the label before purchasing buckwheat flour, for any traces of gluten gluten-free buckwheat doesn’t need to be 100% gluten-free, unless mentioned.